Faegre Baker Daniels has an opportunity for a SharePoint Developer to work with our Technology Planning & Development team in our Minneapolis office. You will be part of a dynamic team dedicated to leveraging proven SharePoint and .NET development expertise to design and develop solutions supporting the Firm’s general practice of law and its special needs for individual clients and cases. This position will work with other talented individuals who share a passion for doing great work in the best interest of our clients.
What you would do in this job:
• Develop and test both .NET and SharePoint solutions to enhance the quality and efficiency of the Firm’s legal services, with primary focus on our SharePoint Intranet and Extranet
• Build reusable and maintainable components tied to the overall user interface, middleware and infrastructure
• Collaborate with cross-functional and cross-office teams to translate requirements into technical specifications and user interface designs
• Provide technical guidance on what SharePoint can offer out of the box
• Provide support for existing and new solution requests as needed and perform advanced troubleshooting where necessary
• Adhere to and promote existing ITIL processes as documented by the Firm
• Ad hoc projects and duties as assigned
• Strong commitment to client service • Cooperation and the ability to collaborate in a team, including cross-office • Ability to problem solve and use sound judgment • Strong attention to detail • Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills • Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment • Positive and professional demeanor
• Paid time for firm-sponsored volunteer events • On-site wellness and fitness programs • 37.5-hour work week with a one-hour lunch break • Professional environment and the opportunity to work with experts at the top of their field • Variety of health plan options, as well as dental and vision plans • Generous paid time off • Dress-for-your-day dress code • Ergonomic sit-stand desks for a comfortable and healthy work environment • A newly-renovated collaborative working space • On-site wellness and fitness programs, including membership discounts at the STEELE Fitness gym in the building • Access to a rooftop garden for some sunshine during work hours • A centralized “Town Hall” area with a wide selection of vending and seating for lunch breaks and casual group meetings
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree, preferably in computer science or a related field. Sufficiently relevant experience can substitute for some formal education.
• 3+ years of SharePoint development and 5+ years of .NET development experience required.
• Proficiency in developing web components and a working knowledge of SharePoint application services (e.g. Search, Managed Metadata, and User Profile Services).
• Additional experience with SharePoint Online and Office 365 is a significant plus.
About Faegre Baker Daniels
Faegre Baker Daniels is dedicated to serving the legal needs of local, national, and international businesses. From offices in the United States, United Kingdom, and China, our staff of more than 1600 lawyers, consultants, paraprofessionals, administrative and operations professionals provide the expertise necessary to solve complex business challenges and work together to provide an exceptional experience for our clients.