Job Summary: The Clinical Laboratory Technician is responsible for performing standard laboratory procedures within the assigned department/laboratory. The Clinical Laboratory Technician will analyze data and may assist with research and development. They will be relied upon to follow laboratory protocols and maintain high quality levels. Shifts for this position will vary and may include nights/weekends. Please note, years of experience and educational background are taken into consideration when determining job title and placement within our career progression matrix.
• Bachelor's or Master's degree in genetics, chemistry, biology, medical technology, or a related field • Coursework in genetics and laboratory experience with DNA is preferred • Ability to work with a high degree of accuracy in a team environment • Familiarity with the software running on Microsoft Windows based systems • Proficiency in use of Microsoft Office, especially Word and Excel • Comfortable working with specialized laboratory instrumentation and software applications
• Amplification of DNA using PCR
• DNA sequencing
• Analysis of results
• Drafting of reports
• Other job related duties as requested by management
• Excellent compensation • Comprehensive health, dental, disability and life insurance • 401k and profit-sharing plan • Paid holidays and generous vacation time • An employee fitness incentive plan • Innovative and cutting edge company culture
• Marshfield, Wisconsin – ranked fifth best place to live and raise a family in America (2010-Forbes.com) • Outstanding public schools and continuous educational opportunities • Affordable housing and world-class health care facilities: Marshfield Medical Research Foundation and Marshfield Clinic
To be considered for a position, candidates must fill out our online application and upload their resume, cover letter and transcripts. Unofficial or official copies of transcripts are acceptable.
Internal Number: 146
PreventionGenetics offers Clinical DNA testing and DNA Banking services. We are recognized as a leader in providing quality laboratory services and have earned a solid reputation based on the knowledge, integrity and professionalism of our staff. Due to our company's rapid growth, we are delighted to extend an invitation to talented and enthusiastic individuals to join our highly experienced and knowledgeable team by offering the exciting career opportunities.